Skip to main content

Derek Carr tops 300 yards passing again as Las Vegas Raiders beat Philadelphia Eagles

Derek Carr passed for 323 yards and two touchdowns as the host Las Vegas Raiders defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 33-22 on Sunday afternoon.

Carr completed 31 of 34 passes in his fifth 300-yard passing game of the season as the Raiders (5-2) improved to 2-0 under interim coach Rich Bisaccia, who took over when Jon Gruden resigned Oct. 11. Las Vegas scored 30-plus points for the fourth time this season.

Jalen Hurts completed 18 of 34 passes for 236 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 61 yards on 13 carries to lead Philadelphia (2-5).

The Eagles began the second half with an onside kick that Las Vegas’ Alec Ingold recovered at the Eagles’ 41-yard line.

Las Vegas drove to Kenyan Drake’s 4-yard touchdown run that the Raiders’ lead to 24-7.

Carr’s 1-yard touchdown pass to Bryan Edwards pushed the lead to 30-7 at the end of the third quarter when the extra point kick was not successful.

Boston Scott had a 1-yard touchdown run for Philadelphia early in the fourth quarter before Daniel Carlson kicked a 39-yard field goal for the Raiders with 7:17 left.

Hurts’ 17-yard touchdown pass to Jalen Reagor and two-point conversion pass to Dallas Goedert completed the scoring with 3:50 remaining.

The Eagles took a 7-0 lead on the game’s first possession when Hurts threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to Kenneth Gainwell.

The Raiders threatened to tie the score on their first possession, but Avonte Maddox intercepted Carr at the Philadelphia 5 and the Eagles kept their 7-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.

Las Vegas got its first points early in the second quarter as Carr threw an 18-yard touchdown pass to Foster Moreau to tie the score.

Josh Jacobs ran eight yards for a touchdown that gave the Raiders their first lead, 14-7, with 1:38 remaining in the second quarter. He later left the game for good with a chest injury.

On the next offensive play, Gainwell fumbled and Johnathan Abram recovered for Las Vegas at the Philadelphia 29.

Carlson’s 28-yard field goal with two seconds remaining increased the lead to 17-7 at halftime.

–Field Level Media