Alabama football schedule this week
Week 4 – vs. Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles
|Saturday, Sept. 25||7:30 PM||SEC Network|
Unless Golden Eagles running back Frank Gore Jr. transforms into a prime NFL-level version of his father and just blasts through Alabama’s defense, Southern Mississippi has little chance of even making this a legitimate contest. The visitors just don’t have the man power to stop the Crimson Tide’s downhill rushing attack, much less their skill position talent.
- Week 4 prediction: Alabama 51, Southern Mississippi 14
Alabama football schedule predictions, roster outlook
- Alabama defeated the Miami Hurricanes 44-13 in Week 1 of the college football season.
- The team’s bye is Week 9, and is set between SEC home matchups vs. Tennessee and LSU (Oct. 23 and Nov. 6).
- Sportsnaut predicts the Crimson Tide will end the regular season with a perfect 12-0 record.
Alabama football roster outlook
All our predictions are based on the Crimson Tide starting these key players:
- QB – Bryce Young
- RB – Brian Robinson Jr., Jase McClellan
- WR – John Metchie III, Javon Baker, Slade Bolden
- TE – Jahleel Billingsley, Major Tennison
The big headliner here is quarterback Bryce Young. As a true freshman, Young was widely expected to stride into Tuscaloosa and be Tua Tagovailoa’s successor right away. Mac Jones had other ideas, and not only beat out Young, but set the FBS record for completion percentage at 77.4%.
Young has a huge couple of acts to follow at the controls of Alabama’s offense. He’s also transitioning to a new offensive coordinator in Bill O’Brien. But make no mistake, the dual-threat dynamo has all the tools to be a star in his first full season under center.
Week 1 – Alabama won 44-13 over Miami Hurricanes @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- When: Saturday, Sept. 4 @ 3:30 PM on ABC
- Spread: Alabama -18.5 (via DraftKings)
- Moneyline: Miami +650; Alabama -1000
- Sportsnaut Prediction: Alabama 41, Miami 28
Miami quarterback D’Eriq King may have had the edge in experience, but in his starting debut, Alabama signal-caller Bryce Young blew the seasoned Hurricanes veteran off the field. Young threw for 344 yards and four touchdowns, alleviating any concerns that the Crimson Tide offense would drop off, as Alabama rolled to a 44-13 victory.
Week 2 – Alabama won 48-14 vs. Mercer Bears
- When: Saturday, Sept. 11 at 4:00 PM on SEC Network
- Spread: Alabama -53.5 (via DraftKings)
- Over/under: 60.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 63, Mercer 7
This is the classic non-conference cupcake opponent Alabama routinely schedules to fluff up its scoring margin and add another tally to the win column. It’s not even worth dignifying with a lengthy blurb. Mercer had a zero-point-zero percent chance of winning going into Saturday, much less keeping this competitive. But hey, at least the Bears covered that enormous spread, right?
Week 3 – Alabama won 31-29 @ Florida Gators
- When: Saturday, Sept. 18 @ 3:30 PM on CBS
- Spread: Alabama -14.5
- Moneyline: Alabama -630; Florida +450
- Over/under: 59.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 41, Florida 17
After building a 21-3 lead through the first quarter, it seemed like Alabama would run away with this one. To Florida’s credit, the underdogs stuck around and made this one closer than anyone could’ve reasonably expected. In the end, though, the inevitable occurred: The Crimson Tide won — despite getting gashed for 244 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.
Alabama football schedule predictions
Week 5 – vs. Ole Miss Rebels
|Saturday, Oct. 2||TBD||TBD|
Ole Miss QB Matt Corral threw for 365 yards and two scores to keep the Rebels within striking distance of Alabama when the two teams met in 2020. Corral also had two starts where he threw a combined 11 interceptions. So, which Corral will Ole Miss get on this occasion? Probably not a young man capable of playing mistake-free, winning football in Tuscaloosa.
- Week 5 prediction: Alabama 34, Ole Miss 20
Week 6 – @ Texas A&M Aggies
|Saturday, Oct. 9||TBD||TBD|
- Spread: Alabama -11.5 (via DraftKings)
- Moneyline: Alabama -410; Texas A&M +310
Losing four-year starter Kellen Mond to the NFL is a big blow for Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher and his offense. Haynes King is probably going to take over under center for Texas A&M, but the bigger story here is whether the Aggies’ o-line can block up well enough for dynamic tailback Isaiah Spiller to get loose. Chances are, they can’t, but Spiller should help keep the hosts close for at least a half.
- Week 6 prediction: Alabama 41, Texas A&M 24
Week 7 – @ Mississippi State Bulldogs
|Saturday, Oct. 16||TBD||TBD|
It’ll be a lot of fun to see such a wild-card, pass-happy coach in Mississippi State’s Mike Leach go up against such a hard-line traditionalist in Nick Saban. The clash of philosophies will be fascinating, yet unless the Bulldogs spark an improbable turnaround from last year’s 4-7 mark, it’s probably going to be a blowout in Alabama’s favor.
- Week 7 prediction: Alabama 49, Mississippi State 21
Week 8 – vs. Tennessee Volunteers
|Saturday, Oct. 23||TBD||TBD|
The Volunteers have struggled to stabilize their proud program, cycling through loads of head coaches and not finding much success with anyone. Josh Heupel will be the latest to take a crack at the gig in 2021, and he’s bound to struggle as he tries to establish himself at Tennessee when facing a Crimson Tide team that’s just so much more talented.
- Week 8 prediction: Alabama 56, Tennessee 17
Week 9 BYE
Week 10 – vs. LSU Tigers
|Saturday, Nov. 6||TBD||TBD|
- Spread: Alabama -22.5 (via DraftKings)
- Moneyline: LSU +1100; Alabama -2200
What really makes LSU dangerous is the fact that cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. can lock down an entire half of the field. That’ll limit what Alabama can do on offense, and should lead to an excellent game in which the Crimson Tide prevail thanks largely to home-field advantage.
- Week 10 prediction: Alabama 27, LSU 23
Week 11 – vs. New Mexico State Aggies
|Saturday, Nov. 13||TBD||TBD|
What a nice reprieve from the brutal SEC slate. Well, the conference schedule is much more of a tougher road to trek for any team not named Alabama, whose chances of losing hinge on a collection of blue-chip players all underachieving in spectacular fashion. Anyway, this is essentially a bye week for the Tide, or an exhibition scrimmage that just happens to count for yet another win.
- Week 11 prediction: Alabama 70, New Mexico State 0
Week 12 – vs. Arkansas Razorbacks
|Saturday, Nov. 20||TBD||TBD|
Before a rivalry showdown with Auburn in the regular-season finale, the Crimson Tide get to feast on another likely cupcake opponent and will pick up an SEC win in the process. Arkansas didn’t come close to beating Alabama in 2020, losing 52-3. We’ll give the Razorbacks a little more credit this time around, but it won’t be a much better result.
- Week 12 prediction: Alabama 42, Arkansas 7
Week 13 – @ Auburn Tigers
|Saturday, Nov. 27||TBD||TBD|
- Spread: Alabama -16.5 (via DraftKings)
- Moneyline: Alabama -850; Auburn +575
The Iron Bowl is often anticlimactic and goes the Tide’s way. However, it’s an odd-numbered year, and for whatever it’s worth, in both 2017 and 2019, Auburn came out on top in huge upset victories to keep this rivalry extremely relevant. Unfortunately for Tigers fans, that trend will come to an end in 2021 as Alabama rolls in its regular-season finale.
- Week 13 prediction: Alabama 34, Auburn 16