Welcome to the Sportsnaut Unfiltered the Podcast! Today TC talks about the 1991 World Series with Tim Wendel. Tim has a book called Down to the Last Pitch: How the 1991 Minnesota Twins and Atlanta Braves Gave us the Best World Series of All Time. We transport you back in time looking at the 7 game series with the Twins and the Braves. Listen now…
1991 World Series- Down to the Last Pitch
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/144853813″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Connect with Sportsnaut Unfiltered show:
- iTunes on iPhone/iPad – Listen & Subscribe to the show
- Stitcher on Android devices – Listen & Subscribe to the show
Connect with Tim Wendel:
- Follow @Tim_Wendel
- Tim’s Website
- Down to the Last Pitch: How the 1991 Minnesota Twins and Atlanta Braves Gave us the Best World Series of All Time
Connect with TC:
1991 World Series- Down to the Last Pitch:
- Why does Tim think the 1991 World Series is the best of all time?
- Tim catches us up on some of the 1991 Braves members going to the Hall of Fame this year!
- Why was May 1, 1991 a big day in baseball? TC remembers!
- Listen in to find out more
Minneapolis and Atlanta are two of the smaller market teams in baseball. Yes they are in the top 15, however they are both in what is often referred to as flyover country. Tim is here with TC today talking about the often overlooked yet amazing 1991 world series that was played between Atlanta and Minnesota. This series went for seven games, 4 of which came down to the last pitch and 3 went into extra innings! Talk about intense gameplay. The guys dig a bit deeper into what was going on during the world series, including who talked Kirby Puckett out of bunting for a crucial play!
TC and Tim also share their memories of May 1st, 1991 a day that is very clear in two ball players minds. Do you remember what happened with Ricky Henderson and Nolan Ryan that day? Tim drops some extra Nolan Ryan info on us. We get to hear the story of Brien Taylor, the top draft pick in 1991 drafted by the Yankees, and some surprising information about who had the highest payroll in 1991. The answer might just surprise you!
Tune in again Thursday May 1, 2014 to hear Tim Wendel on the podcast again!
Photo: Tim Wendel- Stock Photo of Book