Tyler Eifert is still recovering from an ankle injury that he suffered in the 2016 NFL Pro Bowl, so it’s not surprising he’s not interested in going back.
Speaking with reporters on Friday, the Cincinnati Bengals tight end said he’d never play in the Pro Bowl again, if asked, per Geoff Hobson of the team’s website.
Eifert: it's just not worth it.
— Geoff Hobson (@GeoffHobsonCin) July 29, 2016
There still is no timetable for Eifert’s return to the practice field after he underwent surgery to repair the ankle back in May. He said he will be getting his walking boot off next week, and team director of player personnel, Duke Tobin, recently said Eifert would be out early in the season.
Last year was a breakout campaign for the former Notre Dame tight end. He caught 52 passes for 615 yards and 13 touchdowns. Particularly because Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu were free agency losses for Cincinnati, getting Eifert back will be an important development for this team to be at its best on the offensive side of the ball.