Get a round of bold UFC predictions for the promotion’s UFC Fight Night card in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
After a week off for Halloween, the MMA world leader returns to action, and South America, for a fight night card headlined by a pair of star heavyweights. In the main event of UFC Sao Paolo 2023, Jailton Almeida looks to take another step closer to a title fight when he faces two-time championship challenger, and fan-favorite, Derrick Lewis.
The card from Brazil also features many other rising stars from the nation, including stud middleweight Caio Borralho and Gabriel Bonfim. Plus, Octagon veterans Angela Hill, and Elizeu Zaleski will also be back in action on Saturday night.
With all of that in mind, let’s make some bold and complete UFC predictions for this Saturday’s event in Brazil.
UFC predictions: 4 UFC Sao Paolo fighters getting Ws on Saturday
Jailton Almeida (19-2) vs. Derrick Lewis (27-11)
Derrick Lewis bounced back from a three-fight losing skid in July with a huge KO win in just 33 seconds over Marcos Rogerio de Lima. The victory helped rebuild his reputation and landed him a new long-term contract from the company. The newer and slimmer “Black Beast” is a fighter to be feared, but it still won’t lead to a win on Saturday.
The American has always had big problems against talented grapplers and that is exactly what Jailton Almeida is. Twelve of his 19 wins are by submission and he is the type of athlete who can stay out of danger, wait for the right moment to shoot a takedown, land it, and take advantage of a mistake to score an early submission win.
- UFC Sao Paulo odds: Almeida (-470), Lewis (+360)
- Prediction: Almeida by submission, Round 1
Gabriel Bonfim (15-0) vs. Nicolas Dalby (22-4-1)
Like Almeida, Gabriel Bonfim is a very dangerous grappler who has won 80% of his fights by submission. However, unlike his fellow Brazilian, he faces a more well-rounded fighter who won’t make things easy for “Marretinha” this weekend.
Nicolas Dalby is a pretty good fighter who only has one loss in seven UFC appearances. Bonfim will have to be careful and not make sloppy mistakes, however, being a huge betting favorite says a lot about his skill set and why he is expected to win this weekend.
- Odds: Bonfim (-575), Dalby (+425)
- UFC Prediction: Bonfim by unanimous decision
Caio Borralho (14-1) vs. Abus Magomedov (25-5-1)
Caio Borralho is the next big thing at middleweight. He hasn’t tasted defeat since the second fight of his career eight years ago and has been impressive over his first four bouts in the UFC. While Abus Magomedov is a very solid fighter and former PFL finalist, he is not the fighter that will end “The Natural’s” hot streak.
The Brazilian seems to get better in every fight and is right in the middle of his prime. Look for him to show why he is a better striker and eventually land a punch that sets up a fight-ending TKO.
- Odds: Borralho (-250), Magomedov (+205)
- UFC Prediction: Borralho by TKO, Round 2
Elizeu Zaleski (24-7) vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov (21-1)
Rinat Fakhretdinov made a major statement with his 55-second win over Kevin Lee in July. Due to that impressive showing, he gets a nice step up in competition with Brazil’s Elizeu Zaleski. Both men are talented strikers, but the Russian risks more the longer this stays on the feet.
Expect “Gladiator” to play the standup game early, but eventually lull his foe into a sense of security and then eventually get the fight to the mat where he has the advantages.
- Odds: Zaleski (+275), Fakhretdinov (-345)
- UFC Prediction: Fakhretdinov by submission, Round 3
Full UFC Sao Paolo 2023 predictions
- Jailton Almeida vs. Derrick Lewis – Almeida by submission, Round 1
- Gabriel Bonfim vs. Nicolas Dalby – Bonfim by unanimous decision
- Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Don’Tale Mayes – Mayes by TKO, Round 2
- Caio Borralho vs. Abus Magomedov – by TKO, Round 2
- Rodolfo Viera vs. Armen Petrosyan – Petrosyan by unanimous decision
- Elves Brener vs. Kaynan Kruschewsky – Brener by unanimous decision
- Elizeu Zaleski vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov – Fakhretdinov by submission, Round 3
- Vitor Petrino vs. Modestas Bukauskas – Bukauskas by split-decision
- Angela Hill vs. Denise Gomes – Hill by unanimous decision
- Montserrat Conejo Ruiz vs. Eduarda Moura – Moura by TKO, Round 1
- Kauê Fernandes vs. Marc Diakiese – Diakiese by unanimous decision