Baseball is America’s favorite past-time, so it’s only fitting that there are amazing stadiums that we can enjoy watching the sport while divulging in overpriced food and drinks. The Truist Park, like many stadiums, do just that, as MLB describes the Park as the “perfect marriage of classic ballpark feel, modern amenities and southern hospitality”.
The Truist Park is one of the newest stadiums in Major League Baseball, serving as the home to the Atlanta Braves and a go-to spot for baseball fans in Georgia. Before taking the trip out to Cobb County, here’s everything you need to know about Truist Park, including the parking, the size, the history, and what else you might want to do around the stadium.
Where Is Truist Park Located?
Truist Park is in Atlanta, Georgia in the metropolitan area, around 10 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta. The address is 755 Battery Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30339
Who Plays at Truist Park?
The Truist Park is for the Major League Baseball’s Atlanta Braves.
Who Owns Truist Park?
Cobb County is the owner of Truist Park.
What Time Do the Gates Open at Truist Park?
Gates open two hours before the first pitch.
What Time Do Games Start at Truist Park?
Weekday games start at noon, Friday games begin at 6 p.m., Saturday games at 5 p.m., and Sunday games at 11 a.m.
We advise you to get there early to find parking, to have time to get through security, find your seats, and get food or drinks before the game starts.
It gets packed, so I would plan everything ahead of time if you considered attending a baseball game, especially if you want to watch the batting practice of the players.
When Was Truist Park Built?
Truist Park opened at the start of the 2017 MLB season. Formerly known as SunTrust Park, Truist Park held its first MLB game on April 14, 2017.
Does Truist Park Have a Roof?
Truist Park doesn’t have a retractable roof. There is air conditioning in the bathrooms and fans along the stadium where you would get food. If it were to storm, they would have to postpone the game because there isn’t a retractable roof.
How Many Seats Are at Truist Park?
There are 41,084 at Truist Park, which is the capacity as well.
Is Truist Park Actually in Atlanta?
Truist Park is in the Atlanta metropolitan area, though it is located in Cobb County, Georgia and located directly in the Cumberland neighborhood.
How Much Is the Parking at Truist Park?
There is pre-paying for parking at Truist Park, which is more affordable than parking on game day, which is more expensive.
Red, Green, Purple, and Yellow Parking Decks
- 0-3 Hours – Free
- 3-4 Hours – $10
- 4 – 5 Hours: $15
- 5 – 6 Hours: $25
- 6 – 24 Hours: $30
Orange Parking Deck
- Each 1 Hour: $7
- Daily Max: $35
Street Parking (Limited)
- Each 1 Hour: $7
Day of the Game Parking Prices
Red, Green, Purple, and Yellow Parking Decks
- 0 – 2 Hours: FREE
- 2 – 3 Hours: $20
- 3 – 4 Hours: $30
- 4 – 24 Hours: $50
Orange Parking Deck
- Valet parking ONLY Braves Premium Clubs
If you want to pre-pay or need a map of the parking area, check out the official website for more details.
Other Ways to Get to Truist Park
If you’re looking for another way to get to the stadium without worrying about driving around a car, they do have the Hopper, which is an autonomous shuttle pilot program connecting Truist Park and the Battery Atlanta with the Cobb Galleria Centre.
On select game days the Cumberland Hopper will provide complimentary shuttle service via the 1-285 transit and pedestrian bridge. If you’re looking for more information, check here for more details.
Tailgating at the Truist Park
Tailgating is one of the other many ways that fans celebrate their team. While it’s one thing to watch your favorite team play, tailgating is just another way to celebrate with a larger group without the worry of being packed into small seats.
If you’re wanting to tailgate, you have to remember that it’s only allowed in parking lot N29. For more details, always check the official website for everything that is allowed or prohibited, but here are some basic rules you might be interested in.
- Grilling is definitely allowed but only on grassy areas, and you must have something to extinguish your coals.
- You are not allowed to have tents or personal restrooms.
- Make sure to not have loud or lewd music as well as behavior.
- There should be no fighting, taunting or any harmful action, and you cannot bring any weapons or drugs.
What Can You Bring into Truist Park?
Bags are not allowed unless they are medical bags, breast pumps, diaper bags, or small, clear bags or clutches around 5×9 inches.
You cannot bring in any coolers, aluminum cans including sunscreen, baseball bats, bottles, bags, backpacks, folding chairs, tables, stools firearms, confetti or noise makers, skateboards, hoverboards, rollerblades and more. For a thorough list, check the official website.
Can You Bring Food into Truist Park?
Outside food can be brought in, but only in one bag of food and one water bottle per ticket. No alcohol is allowed in Truist Park and will be confiscated at the security check line.
If you have dietary concerns or infantas, then some exceptions can be made.
How Much is Beer at Truist Park?
Domestic beers will cost $8.75, and premium brands will be $11 at Truist Park.
What Kind of Food Is at Truist Park?
All types of food will satisfy any craving you have. Here is a list of the foods at Truist Park and the section they are located in.
- Top of the Chop Grille, Section 155
- Fox Bros Bar-B-Q, Section 143
- Blooper Burger, Section 113
- Taste of Braves Country, Section 320
- Chick-fil-A, Section 143
- Waffle House, Section 311
The Suites at Truist Park
If you’re interested in staying in one of the 6 suites that are offered at Truist Park that overlook the right field corner adjacent to the Konica Minolta Conference center, there are a range of options. The suites range in size from 25-52 person suits and can open up to one large suite that can accommodate up to 229 if wanted.
These suites include food and beverage credit, ranging from $500-$1,300 depending on suite. There are also parking passes that you can get. The suites include AirFlow mesh seats, glass windows to see the ballpark, 65-inch TVs and more.
- Suite 16 – 20 tickets total, costs $4,120-$5,400 and has a $500 catering credit and 4 parking passes
- Suite 15 – 24 tickets total, costs $4,949-$6,485 and has a $600 catering credit and 5 parking passes
- Suite 14 – 32 tickets total, costs $6,582-$8,630 and has a $800 catering credit and 6 parking passes
- Suite 13 – 36 tickets total, costs $7,411-$9,715 and has a $900 catering credit and 7 parking passes
- Suite 12– 36 tickets total, costs $7,411-$9,715 and has a $900 catering credit and 7 parking passes
- Suite 11 – 52 tickets total, costs $10,702-$14,030 and has a $1,300 catering credit and 10 parking passes
The Best-Rated Hotels Near Truist Park
If you want to go to the Atlanta Braves and need a place to stay at Truist Park, here are a few of the best-rated hotels nearby. They are all close enough to where you can walk if you want to and not have to pay for parking.
- Omni Hotel at the Battery Atlanta, 0.1 mi – 4-star hotel
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton at The Battery Atlanta, 0.3 mi – 4-star hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta- Galleria, 0.4 mi – 4.5-star hotel
- Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel Convention Center, 0.5 mi – 4-star hotel
- Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, 0.5 mi – 4-star hotel
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Northwest. 0.5 mi – 4-star hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria, 0.7 mi – 4-star hotel
What to Do Around Truist Park
But sometimes we want to make more than just a weekend at a baseball game, especially for those that have kids. It’s not every day that we can go and have a trip to a game, so why not make the weekend even more exciting! Here are some of the best options that you can do around the Park based on Tripadvisor.
- Atlanta Beltline Food, Street Art and History Tour combined everything about Atlanta into a wonderful journey while sampling some of the best culinary offerings around the town.
- Ghost Hunting is an exciting and spooky side-quest where you can learn about the history and see some hauntings.
- Stranger Things fans will love to see the film locations in this tour!
- Skydiving is terrifying, but a safe alternative is the indoor skydiving experience that is perfect for you and the family.
What to Eat Around Truist Park
With the game usually starting mid-day or late, you might want to get around the park a bit earlier just to avoid some of the initial traffic. One of the best ways to kill time before a game is to grab food, which also helps prevent you from spending too much money when inside. Here are the best places to grab a bite around the Park.
- Yard House has almost 3,000 reviews with 4.2 stars and is extremely close to the park.
- Wahlburgers is another 4.2 rating with almost 3,000 reviews close by the park.
- Grab some pizza at Antico Pizza Napoletana.
- Superica is serving southwestern Mexican with vegetarian options, making it the perfect spot before seeing the game.
The Park is one of the newer stadiums for baseball games, and it’s also home to one of the many great teams in the MLB. From tailgating, experiencing luxury in a suite with food and drink catering, to enjoying the amazing classic dishes when seeing a baseball game, the Truist Park has it all for sports fans.
Whether you’re there with some friends or family, you’ll have an amazing experience. And thankfully, there is a lot more to do around the stadium than just seeing a game. Whether you’re making a weekend trip with the family or want a get-away from work on a vacation, there is much to see, explore, eat, and learn.