Report: Police Were Previously Called to Ray McDonald’s House

San Francisco 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald, who was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence a week ago Sunday, suited up and played for the team in their Week 1 game against the Dallas Cowboys. He is also set to appear in court the day after the team’s home opener against the Chicago Bears next Sunday. The legal process promises to be played out here, especially considering the potential severity of the incident.

As said legal process moves forward, we will be privy to more information being released. And one small piece of potential news was reported by Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee on Monday. According to the 49ers beat writer, the San Jose Police Department was called to McDonald’s house back in May after receiving a disturbance call.

According to the San Jose Police Department, police responded to a disturbance call on May 25 at 8:09 p.m. A police spokeswoman said she could not give out any additional information, including whether a police report was taken, or whether there were additional calls prior to May.

The report goes on to indicate that a “415 disturbance” call can be utilized in anything stemming from a loud party to a fight. In most cases, neighbors or those within a close proximity to the incident are the ones who call the cops in these situations.

The 49ers have drawn widespread local criticism for playing McDonald following his arrest. But unlike the Ray Rice situation, the legal process has not played out here. It’s going to be interesting to see how the 49ers and the NFL handle this situation as more information is made public. All eyes are on them at this point. 

In terms of the incident in question, the specifics seems to be rather alarming. The defensive tackle was arrested after police noticed his pregnant fiancee had bruises on her neck and arms. No other information was released at the time. McDonald was taken into custody and posted $25,000 bail later in the day.

McDonald has not been officially charged by the district attorney’s office, but that could come at any time as they continue to look through the evidence in the case.

Photo: Niners Nation