Due to some domestic abuse Bryant was involved in with his mother a few years back, Jerry Jones put a tight leash on Bryant before the start of the 2012 season. Apparently afraid his boy will slip up or further get into trouble, Jones went over Bryant’s strict, boring list of rules with an ESPN beat writer. Reportedly, Bryant must adhere the following guidelines:
- A midnight curfew. If he’s going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance.
- No alcohol.
- He can’t attend strip clubs and can attend nightclubs only if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
- He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
- A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
- Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
I’m liking the third bullet point. No strip clubs, but “nightclubs” are alright if approved by the team. That translates, in my opinion to, it is ok if Jones accompanies Bryant to a “club” to be sure it is appropriate or maybe not so appropriate. Who’s going to tell if they accidentally step into the wrong type of club, right? What do you think of Bryant’s midnight curfew, no alcohol and Jerry Jones escorting him to some evening clubs? I say fill Jones’ pocket full of bills and go have fun, Dez! Photo: Matthew Emmons, USA Today Sports