Super Bowl LI saw the New England Patriots defeat the Atlanta Falcons 34-28, but that wasn’t the only highlight. It also featured the incomparable Lady Gaga in its halftime show. The 31 year-old pop artist performed several of her popular hits and hit a home run in absolutely every facet of her show.
Her performance was so amazing that the Super Bowl LI Halftime Show Starring Lady Gaga has earned six Emmy nominations. These are the nominations, according to the Emmys official website.
- Outstanding Production Design for Variety, Nonfiction, Event or Award Special – 2017
- Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special – 2017
- Outstanding Music Direction – 2017
- Outstanding Special Class Program – 2017
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety of Special – 2017
- Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Limited Series, Movie, or Special – 2017
This is quite amazing. Gaga and her production crew put in weeks and weeks of practice to create a show that was truly brilliant.
The Emmys air live on Sunday, September 17 at 8:00 p.m. EST. We wish Gaga and her production crew good luck on awards night.