It really is hard to comprehend the amount of money Miami Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton will earn during the span of his reported 13-year, $325 million extension.
We know the numbers, but they are so high compared to the average human that’s it’s extremely difficult to pinpoint just how much cash that is.
On that note, we decided to give you 10 stunning facts about Stanton’s reported deal.
1. Stanton will earn $17,146.78 per inning should he played all 162 games and all nine innings in each game over the next 13 years.
2. Based Stanton’s average at-bats per game thus far in his career, he will see 7,600 at-bats during this 13-year career. That’s $42,673.16 per at-bat.
3. Stanton could buy between 619 and 2,167 acres of Caribbean islands. Okay, maybe he’ll just buy a few acres and use it as a winter vacation destination.
4. Stanton could buy the New Jersey Devils (valued at $320 million).
5. Stanton’s $325 million contract is higher than the GDP of the following countries: Tuvalu, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Palau and Sao Tome and Principe.
6. He can buy 650,000 Apple i6 Phones with 128GB of memory.
7. Stanton’s reported $325 million deal could feed about 30,000 children for an entire year at a daily budget of $30.00.
8. Stanton’s average salary of $25 million per season is equal to what the Marlins six highest-paid players combined to earn last year.
9. Stanton will earn $2,853.88 per hour during the span of his 13-year contract.
10. Stanton’s average salary will be more than Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III will combine to earn this season.
Photo: Fox Sports