Former No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan has reportedly been suspended 10 games by the NFL for taking Adderall — violating the league’s PED policy.
Tom Pelissero of NFL Network shared this news on Tuesday, noting an arbitrator denied his appeal.
Jordan told him he is committed to sobriety, and football.
“I made a mistake,” Jordan told me by phone Tuesday. “I feel like the person that I am, I’m ready to move forward, I’ve been ready to move forward, with this specific issue. I’ve been working really hard with myself outside of football, and I can see the progress as a young man, as Dion Jordan, I can see it.
“My whole lifestyle — it’s been a 180-degree change. I f–ked up, man. I can’t fix this s–t. It is what it is. But I know what I can’t do and what not to do compared to the mistakes I’ve made in the past.”
Originally the third overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins, he struggled to make an impact as a rookie and was suspended four games in his second season for violating the NFL’s PED policy. He was then suspended the entire 2015 season for a second PED violation, and after being conditionally reinstatd he did not play in 2016 as a member of the Dolphins.
Jordan signed a one-year deal in 2017 with the Seattle Seahawks and then another one-year deal last year, playing in 17 games and starting three in the two seasons. He tallied 40 tackles and 5.5 sacks with Seattle.
If Jordan does get another chance to play in the NFL following this latest suspension, it will likely be his last.