The 2020 NFL Draft is nearly here and football fans are excited for one of the biggest events in sports to finally start. On the latest Reckless Speculation podcast, TC and NFL editor Matt Johnson dive into the anticipation with a last-minute mock draft for the top-20 picks.
The Cincinnati Bengals aren’t even pretending to take calls with the No. 1 pick and have Joe Burrow prepped and ready to be their face of the franchise. Meanwhile, the Washington Redskins will likely submit their pick in seconds, barring an overwhelming offer for the No. 2 overall pick.
The real intrigue starts with the Detroit Lions at the No. 3 overall spot, which is where the fun begins in our mock draft. As part of alternating picks, TC took the odd selections and delivered a surprise for the Lions. It didn’t take long before the Miami Dolphins, Las Vegas Raiders and Carolina Panthers provided their own stunners.
Let’s dive into the latest Reckless Speculation podcast and our top-20 mock draft with explanations for each pick in the show.
NFL Mock Draft Podcast – Listen Now
Subscribe on: Apple / Stitcher / Google / Spotify / RSS
- 1st pick, Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow, quarterback, LSU
- 2nd pick, Washington Redskins: Chase Young, edge rusher, Ohio State
- 3rd pick, Detroit Lions: Jerry Jeudy, wide receiver, Alabama
- 4th pick, New York Giants: Tristan Wirfs, offensive tackle, Iowa
- 5th pick, Miami Dolphins: Jeffrey Okudah, cornerback, Ohio State
- 6th pick, Las Vegas Raiders*: Tua Tagovailoa, quarterback, Alabama
Note: Raiders trade the No. 12, No. 19 picks and a 2021 second-round pick to the Chargers for the No. 6 selection.
- 7th pick, Carolina Panthers: Andrew Thomas, offensive tackle, Georgia
- 8th pick, Arizona Cardinals: Mekhi Becton, offensive tackle, Louisville
- 9th pick, Jacksonville Jaguars: CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Oklahoma
- 10th pick, Cleveland Browns: Jedrick Wills, offensive tackle, Alabama
- 11th pick, New York Jets: Derrick Brown, defensive tackle, Auburn
- 12th pick, Los Angeles Chargers*: Justin Herbert, quarterback, Oregon
- 13th pick, San Francisco 49ers: Javon Kinlaw, defensive tackle, South Carolina
- 14th pick, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Josh Jones, offensive tackle, Houston
- 15th pick, Denver Broncos: Isaiah Simmons, linebacker, Clemson
- 16th pick, Atlanta Falcons: C.J. Henderson, cornerback, Florida
- 17th pick, Dallas Cowboys: Xavier McKinney, safety, Alabama
- 18th pick, Miami Dolphins: Jordan Love, quarterback, Utah State
- 19th pick, Los Angeles Chargers*: Austin Jackson, offensive tackle, USC
- 20th pick, Jacksonville Jaguars: K’Lavon Chaisson, edge rusher, LSU