fbpx

Houston police open investigation of Deshaun Watson

Jan 3, 2021; Houston, Texas, USA; Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4) warms up before a game against the Tennessee Titans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Jan 3, 2021; Houston, Texas, USA; Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4) warms up before a game against the Tennessee Titans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, the target of 21 lawsuits alleging inappropriate behavior and sexual misconduct, is now the subject of a police investigation.

Houston police tweeted Friday, “Today, a complainant filed a report with the Houston Police Department concerning Deshaun Watson. As with any allegation, the Houston Police Department is now conducting an investigation and will not comment further during the investigation process.”

Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, responded in a statement, “We welcome this long overdue development. Now we will learn the identity of at least one accuser. We will fully cooperate with the Houston Police Department.”

NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said in a statement to multiple media outlets, “We are continuing to monitor all developments in the matter which remains under review of the Personal Conduct Policy.”

Watson, 25, has denied the accusations of nearly two dozens masseuses who allege he used massages as pretext to prey on them. In the lawsuits, he is accused of exposing his genitals to the women and forcing one to perform oral sex.

Tony Buzbee, the lawyer for the 21 women who have filed suit against Watson, previously said his clients wouldn’t be taking their cases to the police.

Watson agreed to a four-year, $156 million contract extension last September, and he subsequently produced his third consecutive Pro Bowl season for the Texans. However, he requested a trade in January.

Read More: Deshaun Watson’s lawyer responds to accuser’s police report

–Field Level Media