Three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has not suited up in an NFL game since he was a member of the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LVI a year ago this past February.
Beckham Jr. missed all of last season while rehabbing from a torn ACL he suffered in the aforementioned game. While teams had interest in the enigmatic pass-catcher late in the campaign, it became clear that he wasn’t ready to return.
Now months removed from the end of the regular season, Beckham Jr. seems to be 100%. He now plans on showcasing that in a workout in front of NFL teams on Friday.
According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, the workout will take place in Arizona. It should include front office personnel and scouts from multiple teams with free agency slated to open in less than a week.
See exclusives Sportsnaut videos on Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok.
Odell Beckam Jr. has been somewhat of a malcontent during his otherwise solid NFL career. His tenure with both the New York Giants and Cleveland Browns ended on sour notes before latching on with the Rams during the 2021 season. With that said, he’s still among the most naturally gifted wide receivers in the game. He also looks to be 100%. That’s the bigger deal here.
Related: Odell Beckham Jr. and the top 2023 NFL free agents
Potential Odell Beckham Jr. landing spots in NFL free agency
- Dallas Cowboys: Owner Jerry Jones and Co. were nearing a deal with OBJ late last season before it became clear that he was not ready to contribute. Instead, the team signed a washed T.Y. Hilton. Dallas has been linked to Brandin Cooks and DeAndre Hopkins in trade talks. Signing Beckham Jr. to team up with CeeDee Lamb wouldn’t cost draft pick compensation.
- San Francisco 49ers: Head coach Kyle Shanahan has made no bones about it. He would absolutely love to roster Beckham Jr. It also must be noted that the 49ers were close to acquiring the three-time Pro Bowler from New York back in 2019. Then-Giants general manager David Gettleman did not want to deal him to an NFC team.
- New England Patriots: It’s not a secret that head coach and quasi general manager Bill Belichick has been a fan of Odell Beckham for some time now. New England also has Jakobi Meyers set to hit free agency and needs a ton of help at wide receiver in order for young quarterback Mac Jones to improve off a disastrous sophomore season.
Odell Beckham Jr. career stats: 531 receptions, 7,367 yards, 56 TD
- Las Vegas Raiders: The idea of pairing OBJ up with Davante Adams can’t be lost on the struggling Raiders. Whoever is under center in Las Vegas needs more weapons outside of the aforementioned Adams. As an aside, Sin City just seems to fit OBJ’s mentality.
- Green Bay Packers: Aaron Rodgers is as good as gone after 18 brilliant seasons in Green Bay. He will be replaced by young quarterback Jordan Love. To say that Love needs more help at wide receiver would be an understatement. Green Bay’s leading pass-catcher a season ago, Allen Lazard, is also set to hit free agency and might not be back with the Pack.
- New York Giants: OBJ’s former team was among the finalists for his services last season with the aforementioned Cowboys and 49ers as well as the Buffalo Bills. This seems to be an ideal fit now that New York is coming off a surprise playoff appearance and just locked up young quarterback Daniel Jones on a long-term contract. New York also has an obvious need at wide receiver.
Written by experts, for sports fans who want a FREE daily newsletter worth reading. Get Sportsnaut First today!