Some Anderson Silva next fight news should come soon. But while we wait, let’s take a look at some possible opponent options for the “Spider,” as well as analyze his disappointing loss to Jake Paul in October.
Related: UFC tonight – Fight card, betting odds, and watch times for Saturday’s UFC event
Who will Anderson Silva next fight be against?
The UFC legend was back in action on Oct. 29, unfortunately, he came up short against boxing lightning rod Jake Paul. However, his status was raised from the fight build-up and should offer some interesting options for his next fight. That is why we think bookings against Nate Diaz, Roy Jones, Jr., or Uriah Hall are likely in the future.
Stockton Badboy: If a booking can’t be made against Jake Paul, Diaz facing Silva in his boxing debut makes a lot of sense considering their UFC past. There is also mutual respect, and a history after Silva fought his brother Nick Diaz in 2015.
The Legend: Silva’s admiration for boxing great Jones, Jr. is well documented. He just fought someone he had a good relationship with in Paul. Facing an idol in a booking of combat sports icons is a sensible and timely matchup.
Primetime: Silva suffered a technical knockout loss in a 2020 UFC bout with Hall. There would be no better way to exercise those demons than a rematch in the boxing ring. Plus, Hall was victorious on the undercard of Paul vs. Silva in his boxing debut.
Anderson Silva vs Jake Paul recap
Paul was a sizable favorite heading into his bout with Silva and it showed in the end results. While the Brazilian fought valiantly and landed some good strikes on his foe, in the end, he fell just like fellow MMA greats Ben Askren and Jake Paul.
What happened: The Ohio native once again showed his expanding boxing talents by frequently using a jab and displaying good body work on his much older foe. It seemed to make Silva more hesitant at times and opened the door to big shots to the head later in the fight.
The fallout: In the eighth and final round, Paul landed a quick counter right hand that floored the former UFC middleweight king. While Silva was able to get back up and finish the fight, it was the final nail in a clear decision win for Paul.
The roadmap: After being a part of a fight that drew a great deal of attention from around the combat sports world, there is no doubt Silva will compete again. And “Spider” has some interesting paths forward in his new boxing career.
What makes Anderson Silva so popular?
The Spiders Web: At his peak, Anderson Silva was a truly special mixed martial artist. He was a competitor that had a legitimate aura akin to Mike Tyson in his prime. Silva was a talent that beat some of his opponents before they even reached the cage. He was also a fighter that for a long-time defied age and was a pound-for-pound talent deep into his 30s.
- Anderson Silva record (MMA): 34-11 (23 knockouts, 3 submissions)
- Anderson Silva boxing record: 2-1 (1 knockout)
- Anderson Silva age: 47 years old
- Long before he competed in the UFC, Silva built his name in old-school MMA organizations like Pride FC, Cage Rage, Shooto, and Rumble on the Rock
- Silva became the UFC middleweight champion in his second fight in the Octagon
- Silva defended the 185-pound title a then-record 11 straight times
- During his unbeaten UFC run from ’06 to ’12, the Brazilian beat elite fighters and former world champions Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Demian Maia, Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, and Forrest Griffin
- After dominating the sport as one of its pound-for-pound best for six years, he would go 1-7-1 in his next nine UFC fights. With two ending early from serious leg injuries
- Silva began his boxing career in 2021 by beating former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. by a split decision.
- In September of 2021, the legend beat another former UFC great, Tito Ortiz, by first-round knockout to earn his second professional boxing victory
- Anderson Silva’s sons Kalyl and Gabriel are working their way up to become professional Muay Thai and kickboxing fighters.
Anderson Silva’s net worth
Money is often one of the greatest measuring sticks for a fighter’s success. As of 2022, Silva’s net worth is reported to be $8 million.