MLB spring training 2023 means Opening Day is right around the corner. As all 30 MLB teams prepare for the upcoming season, spring training provides fans with a unique opportunity to be close to the game with an unforgettable experience.
Attending spring training is something on every fan’s bucket list, with Florida and Arizona providing up-close looks at teams weeks before Opening Day. Not only do fans get to see their favorite players and get autographs, but MLB spring training also provides a showcase for the stars of tomorrow with top prospects given a chance to shine.
Related: MLB All-Star Game 2023 info, projected lineups
As fans snatch up MLB spring training tickets, which are cheaper than attending a regular-season game, we draw closer to one of the best things on the baseball schedule.
Here’s everything you need to know in our 2023 MLB spring training guide.
Where is MLB spring training 2023?
MLB spring training is held in Florida and Arizona every year, with 15 teams sent to the Grapefruit League and Cactus League for just over a month of preparation before the MLB season.
Related: MLB power rankings 2023
MLB spring training ballparks
- Milwaukee Brewers – American Family Fields of Phoenix
- Philadelphia Phillies – BayCare Ballpark
- Chicago White Sox & Los Angeles Dodgers – Camelback Ranch
- Minnesota Twins – CenturyLink Sports Complex
- Tampa Bay Rays – Charlotte Sports Park
- New York Mets – Clover Park
- Cincinnati Reds & Cleveland Guardians – Goodyear Ballpark
- Oakland Athletics – Hohokam Stadium
- Atlanta Braves – CoolToday Park
- Baltimore Orioles – Ed Smith Stadium
- Seattle Mariners & San Diego Padres – Peoria Sports Complex
- Houston Astros & Washington Nationals – Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
- Arizona Diamondbacks & Colorado Rockies – Salt River Fields at Talking Stick
- San Francisco Giants – Scottsdale Stadium
- New York Yankees – George M. Steinbrenner Field
- Chicago Cubs – Sloan Park
- Boston Red Sox – JetBlue Park at Fenway South
- Kansas City Royals & Texas Rangers – Surprise Stadium
- Pittsburgh Pirates – LECOM Park
- Detroit Tigers – Public Field at Joker Marchant Stadium
- Los Angeles Angels – Tempe Diablo Stadium
- Miami Marlins & St. Louis Cardinals – Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium
- Toronto Blue Jays – TD Ballpark
When does MLB spring training start?
MLB spring training starts in February, with pitchers and catchers first reporting to their club’s complexes followed by position players a few days later. The first spring training games, which can attend, begin in the final week of February.
What day do pitchers and catchers report?
Pitchers and catchers playing in the World Baseball Classic will report to MLB spring training on Feb. 13, with position players taking part in the tournament reporting on Feb. 16. WBC participants are required to report to spring training first.
Related: Highest-paid MLB players 2023
How much are MLB spring training tickets?
The cost of tickets for MLB spring training 2023 varies by team and seating location. You can find seats available in the $20-$30 range for teams like the San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners and St. Louis Cardinals. If you’re buying multiple tickets, when factoring in parking and service fees, it could average out to over $90 depending on how many tickets you buy.
What are the dates for spring training in 2023 in Arizona?
The Cactus League is played in Arizona with 15 MLB teams taking part in the league. Here are the teams playing MLB spring training in Arizona and the report dates for spring training, per MLB.com. In the following MLB spring training schedule, the first date is for pitchers and catchers while the second date is for position players.
The Boston Red Sox ($16-$33 per ticket) have some affordable single-game ticket options, but teams like the New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals often see ticket prices of at least $50 depending on the time of purchase.
Also Read: How the Family-Friendly Streaming Service, Frndly TV, Competes in 2023
Which MLB teams play in the Cactus League?
- Arizona D-Backs – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Chicago Cubs – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Chicago White Sox – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Cincinnati Reds – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Cleveland Guardians – Feb. 17 & Feb. 21
- Colorado Rockies – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Kansas City Royals – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Los Angeles Dodgers – Feb. 16 & Feb. 20
- Los Angeles Angels –Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Milwaukee Brewers – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Oakland Athletics – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- San Diego Padres Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- San Francisco Giants – Feb. 16 & Feb. 20
- Seattle Mariners – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Texas Rangers – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
MLB spring training report dates – Grapefruit League
The Grapefruit League is Florida’s MLB spring training division, with 15 teams holding their spring training games and practices in the state. Here are the report dates for all 15 teams in the Grapefruit League.
Related: MLB revenue 2023
Which MLB teams play in the Grapefruit League
- Atlanta Braves – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Baltimore Orioles – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Boston Red Sox – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Detroit Tigers – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Houston Astros – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Miami Marlins – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Minnesota Twins – Feb. 16 & Feb. 20
- New York Mets – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- New York Yankees – Feb. 16 & Feb. 20
- Philadelphia Phillies – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- St. Louis Cardinals – Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Tampa Bay Rays –Feb. 15 & Feb. 20
- Toronto Blue Jays – Feb. 16 & Feb. 21
- Washington Nationals – Feb. 15 & Feb. 21
Related: World Series odds 2023
When do MLB spring training games start?
The first spring training games in 2023 will take place on Friday, Feb. 24 with two Cactus League matchups in Arizona. After the two-game slate, all 30 teams begin their MLB spring training schedule on Saturday, Feb. 25.
- Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Royals – 3:05 PM ET
- Seattle Mariners vs San Diego Padres – 3:10 PM ET
- Northeastern Huskies vs Boston Red Sox – 1:05 PM (Exhibition)
Related: MLB games today
2023 MLB spring training schedule
The MLB spring training schedule begins on Friday, February 24 and spring training ends on Tuesday, March 28 with the final day of the Grapefruit League and Cactus League schedules. It’s followed by MLB Opening Day on March 30.
World Baseball Classic exhibition games in MLB spring training
The return of the World Baseball Classic means some of the best players in baseball are representing their countries in the 2023 WBC. Before the tournament begins, fans in Florida and Arizona will have a few chances to see some of the WBC teams play MLB clubs.
- Wednesday, March 8
- Team Puerto Rico vs Boston Red Sox – Lee County (JetBlue Park)
- Team Venezuela vs Houston Astros – West Palm Beach
- Team Dominican Republic vs Atlanta Braves – North Port
- Team Israel vs Miami Marlins – Jupiter
- Team Nicaragua vs New York Mets – Port St. Lucie
- Thursday, March 9
- Team Puerto Rico vs Tampa Bay Rays – Port Charlotte
- Team Venezuela vs New York Mets – Port St. Lucie
- Team Dominican Republic vs. Minnesota Twins – Lee County (Hammond)
- Team Israel vs Washington Nationals – West Palm Beach
- Team Nicaragua vs St. Louis Cardinals – Jupiter
What is the best MLB team of all time?
- Wednesday, March 8
- Team USA vs San Francisco Giants – Scottsdale
- Team Canada vs Chicago Cubs – Mesa
- Team Great Britain vs Milwaukee Brewers – Phoenix
- Team Colombia vs Oakland A’s – Mesa
- Team Mexico vs Cleveland Guardians – Goodyear
- Thursday, March 9
- Team Mexico vs Colorado Rockies Scottsdale
- Team USA vs Los Angeles Angels – Tempe
- Team Canada vs Seattle Mariners – Peoria
- Team Colombia vs Chicago White Sox – Glendale
- Team Great Britain vs Kansas City Royals – Surprise