Joe Burrow is the heavy betting favorite to win the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2020 after being drafted first overall by the Cincinnati Bengals.
The early odds to win Offensive Rookie of the Year, courtesy of DraftKings, have Burrow well ahead of the field to win the award. Here’s how the top favorites shake out, just days after the 2020 NFL Draft:
- Joe Burrow, quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals: +215
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire, running back, Kansas City Chiefs: +550
- Tua Tagovailoa, quarterback, Miami Dolphins: (+700)
- Jonathan Taylor, running back, Indianapolis Colts: (+1,000)
- D’Andre Swift, running back, Detroit Lions: (+1,200)
- Jerry Jeudy, wide receiver, Denver Broncos: (+1,400)
- J.K. Dobbins, running back, Baltimore Ravens: (+1,600)
- Justin Herbert, quarterback, Los Angeles Chargers: (+1,600)
- CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver, Dallas Cowboys: (+1,800)
- Henry Ruggs III, wide receiver, Las Vegas Raiders: (+1,800)
Personally, I like Taylor at 10-1 odds. He’s going to be electric for the Colts this year and could end up supplanting Marlon Mack as the workhorse back given his home-run speed — if he proves the fumbles are behind him, that is.
Other dark-horse candidates to win that intrigue me are Dobbins (he’s going to be absolutely terrifying playing with Lamar Jackson and Co. in Baltimore) and Ruggs, who will instantly be WR1 in Las Vegas.
Back to Burrow, it’s not surprising in the least that he’s favored to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2020. The Bengals have a loaded offensive arsenal, and if Burrow picks up the playbook fast — he’s already been studying it for weeks — he has a chance to have a huge rookie campaign.