Former NFL leading receiver Josh Gordon is really about to get nine lives in the league after multiple suspensions under the guise of the NFL’s substance abuse policy.
By now, Gordon’s story is well known. Since entering the NFL as a supplemental pick of the Cleveland Browns back in 2013, the former Baylor star has faced myriad of suspensions due to his chemical dependency. It really is something to behold.
- 2013: Substance abuse policy (two games)
- 2014: NFL drug policy (10 games)
- 2015 Substance abuse policy (one year)
- 2016: Substance abuse policy (four games)
- 2018: Substance abuse policy (indefinite suspension)
- 2019: Substance abuse policy (indefinite suspension)
That did not stop Seattle from giving Gordon another chance on Thursday. According to multiple media reports, Gordon has re-signed with the team.
It goes without saying that the NFL world had its reactions to Gordon being given yet another chance to prove his worth, both on and off the field.