When you want to get out of the Arizona heat, there is no better place to go than Chase Field. Before making a trip out to the ballpark to watch the Arizona Diamondbacks, here’s everything you need to know before arriving at Chase Field.
Where is Chase Field?
Chase Field is in Phoenix, Arizona. The address is 401 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
Who plays at Chase Field?
Arizona Diamondbacks play at Chase Field.
When was Chase Field built?
Chase Field was built. on March 31, 1998.
What is the capacity at Chase Field?
The capacity at Chase Field is 48,519, this is also the number of seats at the stadium.
Is Chase Field air-conditioned?
Chase Field features a retractable roof meaning there is air conditioning inside.
Related: MLB power rankings
Does Chase Field have real grass?
Chase Field has synthetic turf. They replaced the natural grass in 2019.
How much is the parking at Chase Field?
Chase Field offers a few parking spaces at reasonable prices. Jefferson and Jackson are both uncovered parking. The Diamondback parking is both covered parking lots.
- Jackson Street East, $15
- Jefferson Street Garage, $24
- Diamondback Right Field Lot, $22
- Diamondback Right Field Garage, $11
What time do gates open at Chase Field?
Gates open 90 minutes before the first pitch on Sunday-Thursday games. They open 2 hours before the first pitch for Friday-Saturday games.
What bars are close to Chase Field?
Fans will have a few bar options if they want pre-game before heading to Chase Field.
- Crown Public House, 79 feet
- Bar Bianco, 0.4 mile
- Majerle’s Sports Grill, 0.5 mile
- Valley Bar, 0.6 mile
- Superstition Downtown, 0.8 mile
Can you tailgate at Chase Field?
Tailgating is not allowed at Chase Field. If fans want to pre-game, they can hit up the many bars within walking distance of Chase Field.
Do you want to watch batting practice before the game at Chase Field?
Yes, you can watch batting practice at Chase Field. Just so you are aware, batting practice begins before the stadium gates open, but fans can still see part of it and have a chance to meet some of the players and get some of their batting practice balls.
Can you take a purse into Chase Field?
Each person can carry one clear, vinyl, or PVC bag no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” or a gallon clear plastic freezer bag.
Related: Fastest pitch in MLB history
Can you bring food into Chase Field?
Food is allowed if it is in a clear plastic bag. Only water is sealed in plastic bottles.
What to eat at Chase Field?
There are so many places to eat at Chase Field. We have provided a list of all the different places to eat and the sections they are located in.
- A-Zona Street Tacos, Section 208
- Big Dawgs, Section 105
- Burger Burger, Section 214
- Cactus Corn, Sections 118, 317
- Chick-fil-A, Sections 104, 126, 328
- Churro Dog, Sections 114, 123, 315
- Cold Stone Creamery, Sections 112, 137, 310
- Copper State Steaks, Section – 120
- Fry’s Grab N Go, Section 139
- Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup, Section 115, 314
- Gonzo’s Grill, Section 141
- Hungry Hill Sandwich, Sections 112, 315
- Red Hot Grill, Section 118, 320
- ReyGloria’s Tamales, Section 137
- Streets of New York, Sections 113, 306
- Sweet Treats, Sections 114
- Taste of Chase, Section 130
- Wetzel’s Pretzels, Section 125
- Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt, Section 139
What are the best hotels near Chase Field?
Staying at a hotel close to Chase Field is useful because you’re not far from the stadium. You beat all the traffic trying to get to the stadium, and some are within walking distance so that you can save on parking. We have listed the best hotels near the stadium.