The 2020 college football season should represent Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence’s coming out party. Lawrence excelled as a freshman back in 2018, leading the Tigers to the national title. While he played well as a sophomore last season, there were some hiccups throughout the campaign.
- Trevor Lawrence, quarterback, Clemson: -300
- Penei Sewell, offensive tackle, Oregon: +400
- Justin Fields, quarterback, Ohio State: +500
- D’Eriq King, quarterback, Miami: +2000
- Kenneth Gainwell, running back, Memphis: +2500
- Micah Parsons, EDGE, Penn State: +2500
It’s rather clear that the betting community is putting all of its chips on the table as it relates to Lawrence. For good reason.
The 6-foot-6 signal caller has put up nearly 7,000 passing yards with 66 touchdowns through the air and just 12 interceptions across two college seasons. He showed an ability on the ground last season, too, going for 563 yards and nine touchdowns.
Outside of Lawrence, the most-interesting aspect of these latest odds is the inclusion of Oregon offensive tackle Penei Sewel. He’s largely flown under the radar from a national perspective, but is quickly being seen as a generational talent at that all-important position.