North Carolina sophomore forward Armando Bacot announced Tuesday that he is declaring for the NBA draft but will also consider a return to school depending how the process goes.
The 6-foot-10 Bacot averaged 12.3 points and 7.8 rebounds in 29 games (28 starts) this season. He shot 62.8 percent from the field and blocked 26 shots.
If Bacot returns to North Carolina, he will be playing for Hubert Davis, who is the new head coach after the retirement of Roy Williams.
“I am grateful to say that with prayer, discussion with Coach Williams, Coach Davis and other coaches and my family, I will test the NBA Draft process,” Bacot said in his announcement. “I am excited for the opportunity to learn, work out and receive valuable feedback on my game that will allow me to make a solid decision on whether to remain in the draft or return to the University of North Carolina for my Junior year.”
Ready for whatever… pic.twitter.com/EpruCAz49X
— Armando Bacot Jr. (@iget_buckets35) April 6, 2021
Bacot has averages of 10.9 points and 8.0 rebounds in 61 games (60 starts) in two seasons with the Tar Heels.
Bacot is the second North Carolina player to announce his draft intentions. Freshman big man Day’Ron Sharpe declared for the draft last month.
In addition, freshman big man Walker Kessler announced his intentions to transfer last month. However, Davis said Tuesday he is hoping to sway Kessler to remain with the Tar Heels.
–Field Level Media