We are now headed toward the stretch run of the 2014 NFL regular season. With that comes a ton of playoff scenarios as the weeks count down. From here on out, Sportsnaut will give you a clear look at the playoff picture in each conference up until Week 17 of the regular year.
Here’s our first look at the NFC Playoff picture.
|1||Arizona Cardinals||9-1||AT- Seattle|
|2||Detroit Lions||7-3||AT- New England|
|3||Philadelphia Eagles||7-3||VS- Tennessee|
|4||Atlanta Falcons||4-6||VS- Cleveland|
|5||Green Bay Packers||7-3||AT- Minnesota|
|6||Dallas Cowboys||7-3||AT- New York (G)|
* Detroit holds tie-breaker over Philadelphia with better in win percentage against conference opponents. It also boasts the head-to-head tie-breaker over Green Bay in the NFC North. The two play Week 17 at Lambeau.
* Green Bay holds tie-breaker over Dallas for the fifth spot due to a better win percentage against conference opponents.
* Atlanta holds tie-breaker over the New Orleans Saints in the NFC South due to head-to-head tie-breaker. The two play Week 16 in New Orleans.
If the Playoffs Started Today (Bye Week: Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions)
Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles
Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons
In the Hunt
|7||San Francisco 49ers||6-4||VS- Washington|
|8||Seattle Seahawks||6-4||VS- Arizona|
|9||New Orleans Saints||4-6||VS- Baltimore|
|13||Carolina Panthers||3-7-1||Bye Week|
* San Francisco holds tie-breaker over Seattle due to a better record in divisional games.
* New Orleans and Carolina remain in the hunt in the NFC South. Neither are wild card contenders in the NFC.
Strength of Schedule Among Contending Teams
|San Francisco 49ers||.589|
|New Orleans Saints||.511|
|Green Bay Packers||.445|
Remaining Strength of Schedule
|Green Bay Packers||.500|
|San Francisco 49ers||.500|
|New Orleans Saints||.419|
Photo: USA Today