With a new season fast approaching, it’s readily apparent some NFL teams have a great chance to compete for a title, while others are expected to tank.
But which team has the best NFL odds to post the worst record? Which team do oddsmakers expect to have the No. 1 overall pick during the 2020 NFL Draft?
Overwhelmingly, the Miami Dolphins are seen as that team, according to new NFL odds put out by Bookmaker.eu. Here’s a look at the 10 teams seen as most likely to post the worst record in 2019:
- Miami Dolphins +250 (5/2)
- Arizona Cardinals +550 (11/2)
- New York Giants +800 (8/1)
- Washington Redskins +1000 (10/1)
- Cincinnati Bengals +1200 (12/1)
- Oakland Raiders +1200 (12/1)
- Buffalo Bills +1500 (15/1)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers +1500 (15/1)
- New York Jets +1500 (15/1)
- Denver Broncos +1500 (15/1)
Miami is an interesting choice at the top. A big reason to buy the Fins as the NFL’s worst team is that they are being guided by a rookie head coach in the brutal AFC East, where the three other teams in the division appear to be better than Miami.
Interestingly, the Bills rank pretty high up on this list, despite featuring a roster that many feel has what it takes to get to the playoffs in 2019. As far as the other teams in the top 10 here, it’s hard to argue with any of them.
Looking a bit further down the list, there are some intriguing longshots to consider:
- Detroit Lions +2000 (20/1)
- Jacksonville Jaguars +2500 (25/1)
- Tennessee Titans +2500 (25/1)
- Baltimore Ravens +3500 (35/1)
- Carolina Panthers +4000 (40/1)
- Houston Texans +4000 (40/1)
- Seattle Seahawks +5000 (50/1)
- San Francisco 49ers (60/1)
- Chicago Bears +7500 (75/1)
In particular, the Tennessee Titans stand out. We’ve predicted they will finish in last place in the highly competitive AFC South. If Marcus Mariota fails to stay healthy, or if the regression we’ve seen from him the past two years continues, this team may tank hard.