It was less than a year ago that former NFL Network personality Heath Evans was removed from his job after some questionable actions that included him sending photos of a sexual nature to a female co-worker.
Since then, the former Super Bowl champion fullback has remained silent about the situation. That changed Thursday morning when Evans pushed back against NFL Media in a big way.
His tweets were somewhat rambling in nature, but they did include the former NFLer admitting to sending said photos to a co-worker in what he called “mutual flirtations.”
My silence is over!
Attached to these next few tweets is my first public statement since being falsely accused of sexual harassment 8 months ago.
PLEASE READ. pic.twitter.com/e2RjlYW7UQ
— Heath Evans (@HeathEvans44) August 9, 2018
Reached by TMZ Sports for comment, network spokesperson Alex Riethmiller didn’t hold back.
“Heath’s employment was terminated as a result of his own misconduct – which he freely admitted to on Twitter today,” Riethmiller said. “Before severing its relationship with Heath, the NFL carefully considered all of the circumstances, including the information that Heath provided. In the end, the NFL concluded that his conduct was not acceptable in our workplace and we stand by our decision to terminate his employment.”
There’s certainly a tone to this response. Not only is the spokesperson standing by the network’s decision, he’s pointing to Evans admitting misconduct in his tweet from earlier in the day.
There’s also a lesson to be learned here. Maybe, don’t put yourself out there by creating what has to be deemed an inappropriate work relationship with a colleague. Again, Evans seemed to admit that himself on Thursday morning.