The Philadelphia Eagles will not have to worry about an off-field situation taking the focus off their attempts to rebound from a disappointing 2015 campaign.
Second-year wide receiver Nelson Agholor will not face charges stemming from sexual assault allegations earlier this year.
This bit of information was made public by the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office on Monday.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 18, 2016
Agholor, a first-round pick of the Eagles last year, was accused of assaulting an exotic dancer back in June. At that point, there were conflicting stories regarding the validity of said accusations, with some accusing the woman of trying to shake the receiver down financially (more on that here).
Despite the conflicting stories, the case was sent over to the DA’s office for further investigation. Now, upon the completion of said investigation, Agholor will not be charged with a crime.
Agholor recorded 23 receptions for 283 yards and a score as a rookie last season. He’s expected to play a huge role in Philadelphia’s passing game as a sophomore this year.