The threat of COVID-19 still looms but there will be no other obstacles in the way of hockey returning. As of this evening, both the NHL and NHLPA have ratified the new CBA and Return to Play plan.
Key Notes from new CBA and RTP Plan
- Phase 3 Training Camp: July 13
- Arrive at Hub City: ~July 24
- Phase 4 Qualifying Round: July 30
- Draft Lottery Phase 2: ~August 10
- Award Stanley Cup: Late September to Early October
- NHL Draft: October 6
- Start of Free Agency: November 1
- The new extension is for six years with an option to extend for one more.
- Players can opt-out of RTP this summer without having an underlying condition and can’t be penalized.
- Cap ceiling will remain at $81.5 million and can’t go up until revenue hits $4.8 billion.
- Escrow will be 20% next season and work its way down to 6% by the 2023-24 season. This is what Artemi Panarin wanted players to hold out for.
- Olympic participation at least for the next two Games