The MLB All-Star starters have officially been revealed. We may have known for some time that certain players, such as Aaron Judge, Shohei Ohtani and Ronald Acuna Jr. would be starting, but some of the other names and snubs might surprise you. Scroll below for the starters on both the American League and National League.
American League All-Star starters in 2022
Here are your 2022 American League All-Star starters.
- C – Alejandro Kirk – Toronto Blue Jays
- 1B – Vladimir Guerrero – Toronto Blue Jays
- 2B – Jose Altuve – Houston Astros
- SS – Tim Anderson – Chicago White Sox
- 3B – Rafael Devers – Boston Red Sox
- OF – Aaron Judge – New York Yankees
- OF – Mike Trout – Los Angeles Angels
- OF – Giancarlo Stanton – New York Yankees
- DH – Shohei Ohtani – Los Angeles Angels
Judge led the AL in during fan voting, guaranteeing his place as a starter in the outfield.
Surprisingly absent is MVP candidate Yordan Alvarez, who’s leading the MLB in OPS at 1.076 heading into Friday night’s action. Then again, with Ohtani taking the designated hitter spot, it’s hard to have too many issues with the slight.
National League All-Star starters in 2022
Here are your 2022 National League All-Star starters
- C – Willson Contreras – Chicago Cubs
- 1B – Paul Goldschmidt – St. Louis Cardinals
- 2B – Jazz Chisholm Jr. – Miami Marlins
- SS – Trea Turner – Los Angeles Dodgers
- 3B – Manny Machado – San Diego Padres
- OF – Mookie Betts – Los Angeles Dodgers
- OF – Ronald Acuna Jr. – Atlanta Braves
- OF – Joc Pederson – San Francisco Giants
- DH – Bryce Harper – Philadelphia Phillies
Acuna led the NL in voting, so he was assured a spot. It’s his third All-Star appearance in five years.
MLB All-Star reserves to be revealed on Sunday
We already know Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols will once again join the All-Star team, but who will their teammates be? We’ll find out the All-Star reserves on Sunday, during the 2022 Chevrolet MLB All-Star Selection Show at 5:30 PM on ESPN.
As is custom, all 30 MLB teams will have at least one All-Star representative.
The 2022 All-Star game takes place on Tuesday, July 19, at 7:30 PM ET on FOX.