San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith still may face the wrath of the National Football League, but it appears that he’s about ready to put his legal problem behind him. According to various reports, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office will not file charges against Smith in connection with an incident that took place at Los Angeles International Aiport earlier this offseason.
According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, Frank Mateljan of the City Attorney’s office had this to say.
The individuals are their admonished about the applicable laws and given suggestions on how to avoid similar incidents in the future,” Mateljan said via email. “While the City Attorney reserves the right to file charges up to one year following the incident, no further action is scheduled beyond the office hearing.
Smith was booked in mid April on felony charges of making a false bomb threat to a TSA agent.
Thoughout this entire time, Smith has maintained that there was more to the story than what was being reported by the media.
In comments to CSNBayArea.com on May 16, Smith said, “A lot of these things are being painted in a picture that’s not true.”
The All-Pro caliber pass rusher still faces a likely suspension from the National Football League stemming from felony weapons and misdemeanor DUI charges that he previously pleaded no-contest to. He’s unlikely to face jail time on any of those five charges.
Photo: Fox Sports